STNDRD welcomes proposals from artists that engage with the gallery in traditional and experimental forms of flag-making. The gallery is comprised of a wall-hung flag holder and pole, and the immediate surrounding gallery space. Artists are asked to respond to these materials and to the site itself, as well as to the power and potentiality of flags–as richly evidenced by both flag history and use within contemporary art–as cultural objects that abstract, encapsulate, and canonize.
Exhibitions are organized by invitation, as well as through open submission. For gallery specifications, have a look at the Install Guide.
- Wall-mounted flag pole holder *
- Flag pole: 1″ diameter oak dowel in 2′ or 3′ length (or the artist may provide their own flag pole) *
- Installation support
- Promotion of exhibition and opening reception
- Gallery guide
STNDRD is currently unable to provide: Shipping, travel, or insurance.
* Note: See Install Guide for details.
- One page exhibition proposal
- 5 to 10 images with an image list that reflects or informs your project proposal
- Curriculum Vitae
- Link to website